- Phone Interview to see if MDE is a good fit for your child.
- Parent Tour. Tours are by invitation only after a phone interview.
- If the parent decides after the tour that they would like to pursue enrollment, each applicant will meet with the Director to determine their class placement and academic status. If everyone agrees to a course of action, enrollment paperwork will need to be completed.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required to secure a place for the upcoming school year. The deposit will be applied towards tuition.
MDE School is accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC) as a certified provider of educational services to children grades K-8 with developmental disorders and other academic needs.
Schools with low teacher/student ratios have tuitions that are usually higher than other private schools. MDE strives to make tuition as affordable as possible while maintaining a 4:1 ratio, small group learning, and excellent education for your child.
Tuition for the 2023/2024 School Year
- $25,000 excluding therapies
- You can pay tuition annually, once each semester, or in ten monthly payments.
- To pay tuition electronically, please complete our Auto Payment Authorization form.
There are several ways to offset the cost of your child’s education at MDE School.
Georgia Special Needs Scholarship (SB 10)
If you are interested in transferring your child from a public school to a private school in Georgia, you may be able to take advantage of a Georgia Special Needs Scholarship. These scholarships provide funding that can be used to offset tuition costs at participating private schools in the state of Georgia. Eligibility will be determined by using the scholarship calculator on the GSNS website. For more information on the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship and the parent application process, please visit the Georgia Department of Education’s website.
Georgia Student Scholarship Organization (GsSSO)
Georgia Student Scholarship Organization, Inc. (GaSSO) is one of the original and largest non-profit SSOs in the State of Georgia. GaSSO allows taxpayers to redirect a portion of their state taxes to help pay for private school education.
Since 2008, GaSSO is proud to have partnered with over 100+ Georgia private schools and have provided more than $55 million dollars in tuition scholarships supporting preK-12th grade.
GaSSO’s objective is to provide the State of Georgia taxpayer’s and accredited private schools with a simple, easy way to contribute and process funding to their preferred educational institutions.
For more information on how to participate in GaSSO to help fund tuition for your child, or to fund general scholarships at MDE School, please visit the GaSSO website (https://www.georgiasso.com/)
MDE School Scholarships
We understand that occasionally circumstances arise that make paying full tuition difficult. Please speak to Mindy Elkan, Director, if you need tuition assistance. We will try to work with you in order to have your child receive a quality education.
Non Discrimination Policy
MDE School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.